We rarely get below freezing temps in the Pacific Northwest, and were delighted to get to try out some frozen ice art this Valentine’s weekend when it got cold enough for snow and ice in the Seattle area.
- Yarn or string
- Food color
- Loose parts from nature (we used flower petals)
- Moulds (we used pots and pans from our mud kitchen)
- Fill moulds with loose parts and food color.
- Add a layer of water.
- Add string or yarn for hanging.
- Let freeze!
- Remove from moulds and decorate your outdoor space, snow people and ice castles.
If you live in a snowy climate, you must try this out! Ours will all melt today, but we enjoyed them while they lasted. Enjoy!