This is a fun, easy way to engage your 1+ year old with art play (babies less than 1 may enjoy this play, also). Loose parts can be modified to make this fun for every age and season!
- Interesting loose parts that are flat enough to stick to contact paper (freshly fallen leaves work great)
- Tape for adhering contact paper to window
- Contact paper
- Popsicle sticks or twigs (optional)
- Collect and set up the loose parts
- Hang contact paper on wall or window
- Model the possibilities of how to use the materials
- Let your child build and explore
I usually leave contact paper play up for a week or more. Simply return loose parts to their tray each evening for a clean slate to play with every morning. Enjoy!