Making your own high quality play dough is easy, fast and fun. This play dough invitation is great for your 3+ kiddos. Loose parts can be modified to make appropriate for 1.5+.
We are having SO much fun with this invitation this week. Mr. 3.5 is very interested in cooking and baking, and this ice cream play gave him lots of opportunities to practice.
- Play dough (find our favorite recipe here). We used leftover play dough from past invitations for this one.
- An ice cream scoop
- Rainbow rice for pretend sprinkles
- Leftover ice cream containers (we go through an alarming amount of ice cream at our house, so empty containers are not a problem)
- Spoons, straws, pom poms, play ice cream cones and/or dishes
- Any loose parts or utensils you have at home that could be fun!
Set it all up as an invitation to play. I usually leave a play dough invitation out for a week with an air tight container for little hands to put playdough away between play sessions.
I think we’ll be enjoying “ice cream” all week. I hope you make some time to try this out as well. I think you and your littles will love it. Enjoy!