If you find this content useful, please consider helping me keep the site ad free by making a contribution.
My little artist and I had the best time creating these magnets with air dry clay and pressed flowers.
I dream of the day I’ll have regular, easy access to proper clay facilities, but in the meantime, air dry clay works wonders!
- Air dry clay (you can find the kind we use on our supplies list)
- Pressed flowers
- Mod podge
- Magnetic strips
- Play dough tools (optional)
Our process was simple. We:
- Made textured discs out of clay and pressed our dried/pressed spring flowers into them.
- When dry, we coated them with mod podge.
- We mod podged magnetic strips to the back.
- The coil dish pictured was made by Mr. 3.5 using the same process, and it will be used as a “treasure dish”.
These sweet magnets make lovely gifts for your nearest and dearest, or simply as souvenirs from springtime. I hope you have time to play with air dry clay soon. The possibilities are endless, and it is fun for everyone. Enjoy!