This is fun and exciting art play for 2+ year olds. Even adults like to join in the process!
- Window crayons or markers (we use Kitpas brand from Bella Luna Toys and also plain old Crayola window markers)
- Spray bottle and rag for clean up
- Masking tape (optional)
- Set up the materials as an invitation to play.
- Model how to use the materials and set boundaries (do we draw on the window frames? No. Do we draw on the floor? No).
- Let your child explore the materials and process.
- When finished, invite your child to clean up their creation with a spray bottle and rag, which is just as much fun as the drawing.
Process over Product
We do a lot of window drawing. Sometimes, I create prompts. Sometimes he plays with the prompts, and sometimes his imagination takes him in a different direction. Let your child guide their own process.
I hope you can find a space to try this out with your little artists. Have fun!