This is a fun way for your 2.5+ year old to practice gluing skills and design play.
- Pre-cut colored paper (we used construction and tissue papers for the texture variety)
- Glue (we use a sponge in a bowl with watered down glue to cut down on mess)
- Big paper taped to wall or table
- Set up the art play invitation.
- Model the possibilities of how to use the materials.
- Let your child explore.
- Your child can be invited to glue from a different color/shape assortment the next day when the first layer is dry.
I left these materials out for the entire day. Mr 3.5 came back to it several times.
Process Over Product
Art play for children is about the process, not the product. When your child is “done” their artwork may not look how you envisioned it would. Don’t interfere. Celebrate their process for what it is.