Painting objects is a reliable way to engage your 1.5+ year old with art play. It’s a great way to practice those developing fine motor skills.
- Paint (tempera for littles, permanent acrylic for older kiddos)
- Paint cups
- Protective paper
- Invite your child to choose 3-5 colors and set up the paint play invitation.
- Model how to use the materials and set boundaries (we don’t paint the table, dogs or sisters).
- Watch your child explore the materials and process of painting an object.
- After the rocks are dry, you can go hide them together around your yard or neighborhood!
You can differentiate this project for younger siblings by giving them a paintbrush and water to “paint” with.
1 thought on “Painting Rocks”