This is a fun way for your 2.5+ year old to practice gluing skills and design play, with a nice sun catcher as a result.
- Easter colored pre-cut tissue paper
- Glue (we used a sponge in a bowl with watered down glue AND some watered down glue with a paintbrush)
- Waxed paper taped to table
- Set up the art play invitation.
- Model the possibilities of how to use the materials
- Let your child explore.
- When your child is finished, you can cut and frame their creation with opaque paper, like construction paper, and hang it in a window to catch the sun.
Process Over Product
Art play for children is about the process, not the product. When your child is “done” their artwork may not look how you envisioned it would. Don’t interfere. Let their process be what it is.
I left these materials out for the entire day. Mr 3.5 came back to it several times.